What is Reablement?
Reablement is a type of care which helps people learn or re-learn the skills they need to live independently in their own home after they have been ill or had a stay in hospital.
The objective of Nexxus Care Reablement service is to enable you to manage tasks independently and to support you to recover from illness or injury and help you regain lost skills and abilities. The team is committed to providing an excellent service to you, our customers. The reablement service operates seven days a week from 7am-10pm and is a free service for up to 6 weeks. Our reablement service supports people aged 18 and over who have been assessed as requiring short term support to help them regain the level of independence they had before they became unwell or to achieve their personal new level of independence
- To provide you with Goal Plan detailing your outcomes (what you want to achieve) and maintain accurate and up to date records in your home
- To provide a service that is personalised, joined up and coordinated
- To ensure your progress is closely monitored with weekly visits from our multi-disciplinary team
- To deliver services that are safe, effective and flexible to your needs and preferences within the resources available. We will achieve this by:
- Providing highly trained reablement support workers to support you to meet your needs and consider any specific requirements
- Work closely with you, your carers, relatives and friends
- Ensure the service is personalised and inclusive of ethnic, religious or cultural requirements
- Regularly monitor the service through customer feedback to ensure service improvement
- Work in partnership with other services and organisations
What happens next?
Our Occupational Therapist will visit you and discuss how we can support you to become as independent as you are able to be by creating your reablement goal plan. We will identify, with you, activities where you are having difficulty, such as preparing food and drink, washing and dressing, improving mobility or managing household tasks. We will agree goals with you to work towards with our Reablement Support Workers. At first you may need more frequent visits but as you progress, this may reduce. We will monitor and review your progress regularly with you.